The latest jobs market statistics have been released by the search engine Adzuna.
Key findings as reported by Adzuna:
- Graduate vacancies soar 37% year-on-year, creating 15,732 advertised UK graduate vacancies this month
- Total advertised vacancies rise 20% year-on-year, with 823,081 available advertised vacancies in April
- Advertised salaries show first monthly growth in seven months, up 1.2% to £32,185 in April
- Competition for jobs at record low, with 1.39 jobseekers for every advertised vacancy in April, down 38% year-on-year
- Salaries soaring in the Science sector, with advertised salaries increasing 7.1% year-on-year in April to £36,249
- More vacancies than jobseekers in eighteen UK cities, but still more than 10 jobseekers per vacancy in Salford, the Wirral, Sunderland and Rochdale
- Competition for graduate vacancies falls significantly year-on-year, but still 30 jobseekers per entry-level vacancy in April, and over hundreds of applicants per vacancy at leading graduate recruiters
Download the report here (DOC).